[Samba] Can't join AD domain

Joe Howell howellj3 at mchsi.com
Thu Sep 4 16:29:45 GMT 2003

I've installed Samba 3 RC2 on RH9 using the RPM but I can't get the "net ads
join" command to work.  I keep getting "Unknown parameter encountered: ads
server" and "Ignoring unknown parameter: ads server" when I run "net ads
join -U userid at domain", then it prompts me for my domain password and ends
without any further response.  If I comment out the "ads server =
i.p.add.ress" in my /etc/samba/smb.conf file, I don't get the
unknown-parameter messages, but otherwise things remain the same.  Kinit
worked ok, and I can see my ticket if I do a klist.  Can anybody give me an
idea of where to start looking?