[Samba] Problems on domain after migration

Fabiano Felix felix at getnet.com.br
Wed Sep 3 19:40:28 GMT 2003

Hello All,

I have two question: some time ago, I performed a migration of a Samba
2.2.5 to Samba 2.2.7, and when I try to login into a client, I receive a
message that the domain cannot be contacted. Reading more about, I found
that I must have copied the MACHINE.SID.
The first question: how to prevent (correctly) this problems?
Second question: how to proceed when I migrate a NT/W2K Domain to a
Samba Domain (note: I'm using a LDAP backend).

Regards,

Fabiano Felix