[Samba] ldap + kerberos or NIS+ for use with SAMBA -> centralized user management

Éliás Tamás eliast at veszprog.hu
Wed Sep 3 11:31:15 GMT 2003

Hy all! I want a Samba authenticated gateway, with centralized user management.
For this, I want to use Samba 3.0, but I couldn't find out what to use for
centralised management. Wich is the better solution? Using LDAP user management
and kerberos authentication (in this case how to make samba to use an LDAP
database and kerberos5 auth?), or I have to use NIS+? (I don't really want that
coz with kerberos I can encrypt the whole data transfer. (I have wireless parts
on the network, so it is a requirement.))
Thanx the help in advance!

--

Thomas Elias
Tel.: +3630/3299315