[Samba] xp clients

ashley at ideal.net.au ashley at ideal.net.au
Wed Sep 3 09:04:07 GMT 2003

G'day,

I've been searching through the docs and I'm not quite sure the best way
to attack a problem.

For a long time win 98 clients have been using a samba pdc server
successfully.

Some Win XP computers have been delivered. Using the docs I've been able
to join the network with little effort.

My problem is this. If I log onto a computer as administrator and
configure Internet Explorer with a pac file setting it is avalable to
the administrator user for that computer, it is stored in the local
profile. No other user. I need that setting commmon to all users.

I've switched off roaming profiles, as suggested in the docs. Now from
what I understand I could set a mandatory profile, set a domain policy
or edit some register to achieve this common Internet Explorer pac file
setting for all users.

What is the simplest way to do this? And if possible a url or other
reference to complete the task would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ashley