[Samba] Re: Probleman Client Win95 acess Samba PDC

Tom Dickson bombcar at bombcar.com
Wed Sep 3 06:15:05 GMT 2003

Are all the clients set to use the same wins server?

I.E, do you have the

wins server = yes

option set in smb.conf?

It sounds to me like a browsing problem; see
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html for more
information on browsing failures.

Note that nmbd takes care of the wins/browsing, so if restarting it only
fixes your problem; then you've got a hint as to what needs to be fixed.

It could also be that you need to up your

os level = 255

option if your samba server is losing the master browser war with
another machine (Win2k, for example).

- -Tom Dickson