[Samba] mac os 10.2.6 smb server

Philip Edelbrock phil at edgedesign.us
Tue Sep 2 22:09:31 GMT 2003

I think it already comes with a flavor of Samba 3.0x.  You just need to
start it as a service.  The SMB client in OS-X is written by Apple and
is in kernel space (hense the complete machine crashes when OS-X runs
into a file sharing bug ;')

Also, see this site for some related info regarding MacOS 9, Windows,
and OS-X file sharing happily together:

http://www.baltra.org

Phil