[Samba] Dave clients accessing Samba

Rob Tanner rtanner+samba at linfield.edu
Tue Sep 2 20:31:47 GMT 2003

Corey,

The problem is somewhere in the interaction between the two.  Samba does
not see and error.  Since the user does not have a local unix account, he
connects as nobody (the unix guest user).  But since he is logged on to
the windows domain, samba knows his domain user name, and we need that
information for print accounting.  Dave 2.5.3 appears to have a problem
with guest access and tries to login with a username/password.

Also, the samba box is using domain authentication whereas Dave 2.5.3
behaves like a windows 95/98 client.  I think that that's part of the
problem, but I don't know how to get around it.

-- Rob

--On Tuesday, September 02, 2003 02:31:05 PM -0500 Corey Hart