[Samba] Lost Access to Logon Profiles after upgrade to samba 3 Beta 2

Doug MacFarlane madmac at orbent.com
Tue Sep 2 15:31:04 GMT 2003

Team:

My Debian Sarge "testing" box got upgraded from Samba 2.2.6, I believe, to Samba 3 Beta 2 in the latest dist-upgrade supplied spate of updates (90+, and I missed Sambe being in there . . . ).

Not a big deal except that now I have lost access to the logon profiles directories at logon time.

It's a basic Samba setup.  Uses Unix passwords and Unix accounts, etc.  Nothing fancy - no virtual accounts or anything like that.  Samba server is running as the PDC.  Been bullet-proof.

I've trolled looking for Samba 2 to Samba 3 upgrade issues and logon profiles issues to no avail.

TIA

madmac