[Samba] Re: NT: Cannot set default print options for client

Rainer Hubovsky rainer at hubovsky.net
Tue Sep 2 11:09:13 GMT 2003

Richard Coates writes:
 > did you check Kurts print howto for hints?

The only hint I found was "Hmm... if everything is grayed out, then
you are not logged in as a user with enough privileges".

 > Have you setup "print admin" in smb.conf? I think printer defaults are
 > uploaded to print$ and stored on server. You will need appropriate perms
 > for this.

No, I have not setup print admin in smb.conf as it is ok for me to do
server side configuration as root. And that works. If I log in as
root, I am able to change and store the default settings.

But if I log in as a user other than root I can't even change the
default document settings. Everything is gray and inactive, even if
the user is in the local admin group.

 +r