[Samba] Something is broken in Samba3.0-rc2 compared to Samba3.0-rc1

Patrik Gustavsson PS Sweden Senior Technical Consultant Patrik.Gustavsson at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 2 10:48:25 GMT 2003

Hi,

After the bug 380 was fixed I recompiled Samba3.0-rc2 using Sun One
Studio 8 on my Solaris 9
box.

I joind my Windows 2003 Server.
net ADS JOIN -U Administrator

Started winbindd and did wbinfo tests and all worked.

Run smbclient locally to connect to the samba-server and it failed with
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER.

My W2000 client can't access the samba server any more.

I have attached the trace from smbclient.

Everything worked fine with rc1.

My smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = TEST
        password server = w2003server
        realm = TEST.SE
        netbios name = SAMBA
        server string = Samba (%v) domain (%h)
        interfaces = hahostix2/255.255.0.0
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        ;client use spnego = no
        ;use spnego = no
        security = ads
        private dir = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/private
        log file = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/logs/logfile
        lock dir = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/locks
        pid directory = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/var/locks
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        template homedir = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/home/TEST.SE/%U
        template shell = /bin/sh
        ;winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind use default domain = True
        wins server = w2003server

[scmondir]
        comment = Monitor directory for Sun Cluster
        path = /tmp
        browseable = No

[homes]
        comment = "Home directory"
        read only = No
        exec=/bin/mkdir -p /global/mnt1/SAMBA/home/TEST.SE/%U

[profiles]
        comment = "Profile directory"
        path = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/profiles
        read only = No
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700

[data]
        comment = Data disk
        path = /global/mnt1/datadir
        read only = No
        guest ok = yes

--
"In a world without fences who needs Gates"
Patrik Gustavsson, Senior Technical Consultant