[Samba] Access denied

Örn Hansen orn.hansen at swipnet.se
Thu Oct 16 23:28:20 GMT 2003

I was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem, when adding a Windows
XP Pro client to a Samba 3 PDC.  The user being used is Administrator, who
has RID of 500, and is a member of Domain Admins.  Backend is LDAP, and is in
working order.  smbldap-useradd.pl has been modified, so machine accounts are
actually created correctly with it, but it's never actually run by the
process.

The only relevant log entries, I can find are:

_samr_create_user: ACCESS DENIED (granted: 0x00000201;  required: 0x00000010)
001c status: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
0008 status: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Can anyone enlighten me, what these are about?