[Samba] is there a way to enforce a single domain wide login

Douglas Phillipson phillipd at oem.doe.gov
Thu Oct 16 23:02:52 GMT 2003

If I put a preexec script in the [profiles] share that touches a file in
the users home dir, then removes it with a postexec script, I can
enforce a domain wide single login.  That is for about 1 minute.  What
appears to be happening is the share has a timeout feature that
disconnects after about 1 minute and then calls the postexec script
which removes the file required to determine if that user is currently
logged on.  I tried using the "deadtime = 0" attribute but it still
times out and runs the postexec script.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

DSP