[Samba] how to call an executable script each time a file is created or modified

dave giffin givdav01 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 06:49:31 GMT 2003

is it possible to have a samba daemon call an
executable script each time a file within one of it
shares is modified or a new file is created?

I'm looking to develop a file catalogging system for
my file server which depends on my software being
notified each time a file is modified or a new file
created.

This allows the modified/new file to be scanned for
relavent information.

:)