[OT] [Samba] SPAM

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Oct 15 17:28:02 GMT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:52:13AM -0500, Mark Warner wrote:
> I would have to agree with Tom. I use Mozilla 1.5a "out of the box", and
> I have never seen a spam or virus message on this list. Granted, I've
> only been on the list for about 8 months.

The spam this person is complaining about isn't coming
from being subscribed to the samba lists. I have one of
the most easily findable email addresses I know, jra at samba.org
and have been on *all* the samba lists since they were
created. No more than about 10% of my email is spam
(but then again I get a *lot* of Samba related email).

The complaining poster has other problems (IMHO).

Jeremy.