[Samba] RE: [OT] spam

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Wed Oct 15 12:35:10 GMT 2003

(trimming the CC list yet again)

You know, I've been posting to the samba list for years, and I have to say
I've never had an experience anything like yours.  I get virus mail, sure,
but nothing like the "one every 90 seconds" you're suggesting.  All I can
say is, I don't think your case is typical.

There's only so much a mailing list can do about this short of shutting down
entirely.  The list has no way of knowing if a particular member is infected
by viruses, so there's not much they can do about those users.  This is
hardly unique to this list.  If you don't want anyone infected with a virus
to see your email address, then about all you can do is not post to mailing
lists.

I was with you to a certain extent until you started taking this to an
extreme position and making veiled legal threats, but now I think you've
gone over the edge.