AW: [Samba] Samba2 and Samba3 mixed environment

Bartkowski, Hubertus Hubertus.Bartkowski at Phywe.de
Wed Oct 15 07:59:09 GMT 2003

Hi,

thank you for your report. I had the same problem, tried almost everything
but found no solution.
I hope this "bug" will be fixed in Samba 3.0.1

Viele Grüße
Hubertus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: buc [mailto:buc at odusz.elektra.ru]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2003 17:26
An: samba at lists.samba.org
Betreff: [Samba] Samba2 and Samba3 mixed environment

  My expiriences show that when you what to join a Samba2 machine to
Samba3 PDC,
and your charsets are not default, you MUST use "unix charset = UTF8" on
the Samba3 PDC .
  When I use, for example, "unix charset = KOI8-R" , then Samba2 machine
reports
that join (or re-join) is successful, but really such a join is corrupt.
  If I try to join Samba3 to Samba3, all works fine (both KOI8-R and UTF8).

  Assume, it is useful report for non-default locale users...

	buc