[Samba] Samba 3.0.0: "force user" not working

news.naag at gmx.net news.naag at gmx.net
Tue Oct 14 20:59:11 GMT 2003

It was foretold that on Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:12:02 -0500, Gerald (Jerry)
Carter <jerry at samba.org> would mumble:

Hi Jerry,

neither files / directories are created using the user peter, nor niklas.
They are create using the user root.
The behavior in 2.2 was like this: when setting "force user = www_200a3i",
then samba would actually create all files with the owner set to
www_200a3i.
in 3.0.0, this only works with the "force group" setting. However, i would
also like to change the owner, not only the group.

Greetings,
Peter