[Samba] Adding uids to unix groups

Scott Simmons ssimmons at holdenandrew.com
Tue Oct 14 17:29:34 GMT 2003

Can I add the winbind generated uid's or gid's to the unix group to apply permissions on file or directories?   I have a windows PDC and the Samba server is a member server.  I have winbind working correctly but I'd like to be able to add 'domain+user'  or 'uid'  given to the user to a unix group.  Can this be done or am just talking crazy??

PS I know I can chmod, chown 'domain+user'  on file or directories but it might be easier in my situation to add to already established unix groups.

-Scott