[Samba] Re: security

Massimo Crisantemo digiland_oohay at yahoo.it
Tue Oct 14 09:51:57 GMT 2003

>"Alexey Lobanov" <aal at evidence-cpr.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>news:20031013201140.1998A5D841 at office.cpr.spb.ru...
>Hi Erik.

>:~$ mount
>/dev/md0 on /home type ext2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,usrquota,acl)

>~$ uname -a
>Linux woody 2.4.21 #2 Thu Aug 21 17:20:40 MSD 2003 i686 unknown

oops woody acl samba?
sorry if i put myself in the middle of this but i read somewhere that is
were not possible to use acl on ext3 (you actually use ext2 but...) and
enable them in samba using a debian distro..
My production server is actually a woody stable with recompiled kernel from
kernel.org 2.4.22 and samba 2.2.8a from samba.org.

Is you server a production server? is stable? i'm using ann IBM xSeries 235
with raid 5 scsi controller and 3 disks... is it auspicable i can obtain acl
works in this context?

Thank you for your opinion,
Massimo Crisantemo