[Samba] domain groups accessing samba share

Tim Jordan, Network Services timothy_jordan at labor.state.ak.us
Mon Oct 13 23:15:42 GMT 2003

Hey John,
I've been working on this most the day.  Just can't seem to nail it
down!  (Yes sir I did read the "How To")
Winbind is working fine - I can:
wbinfo -g
wbinfo -u
getent passwd
getent group

Problem is when I try to use a domain group on a Samba share I get a
username and password prompt; although, nothing seems to get me in!

Please advise

#Samba 3.0 running under Gentoo1.4
[global]
        workgroup = LABOR
        realm = LABOR.AK
        server string = Samba3 on ANC-Gentoo1.4
        security = ADS
        password server = passwordserver
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
        os level = 0
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No