[Samba] configure --with-ldap on FreeBSD 5.1

Pawel Zakiewicz zakiewicz at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 09:37:27 GMT 2003

Hi

I tried to build Samba 3.0.0 with LDAP support
on FreeBSD 5.1.
I have OpenLDAP 2.1.9 (build from source,
tested and installed). I have got ldap.h
in /usr/local/include and symlink
in /usr/include

When I try to run ./configure --with-ldap
I got:

checking for LDAP support... yes
checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: ldap.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: ldap.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for ldap.h... no
checking lber.h usability... yes
checking lber.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: lber.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: lber.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for lber.h... no
configure: error: ldap.h is needed for LDAP support

What does it mean?
What should I do to include LDAP support?
Situation is same regardless openldap is build
from source or installed from ports (any version).

Pawel Zakiewicz