[Samba] Error when creating user with Samba 3.0 & LDAP

Jérôme Tournier jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Sun Oct 12 21:43:23 GMT 2003

Le Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 10:44:08PM +0200, Nicko a ecrit:
> But when i triy to add user with smbpasswd ou pdbedit i get these errors in
> debug mode (this user is an unix user).
> --SNIP--
> ldapsam_search_one_group: Problem during the LDAP search: LDAP error:  (No
> such object)ldapsam_search_one_group: Query was: ou=Groups,
> (&(objectClass=sambaGroupMapping)(gidNumber=100))
> --SNIP--

Where does the unix user part is defined ? in the directory ?
I think you should better specifie a default gidNumber for the users to
be 513 for 'Domain Users' ($_defaultUserGid = 513 in the smbldap_conf.pm).
If you installed the Idealx's tools, why don't you use the
'smbldap-useradd.pl -a user' instead of smbpasswd or pdedit ?
btw, i have attached to this mail the last updated script of
smbldap-populate.pl that created the ldap directory structure, and that
included the mapping of the groups.
--
Jérôme Tournier              IDEALX SAS
Administrateur Systèmes      15-17 Avenue de Segur