[Samba] Home Directories

Alex sashac at radlan.com
Sun Oct 12 17:17:25 GMT 2003

Hi. I installed Samba 3.0.0-2 recently. The problem is that when I try to
access my user's home directory from it's Microsoft equivalent

I get a window requesting username/password (I can't access the folder even
if I provide correct credentials). The configuration worked fine on a
previous versions of samba. I'm talking about specific share:

[homes]

comment = Home Directories

browseable = no

writable = yes

valid users = %S

I could access home directory of "peter" from  Peter's windows account and
now I can not:. I can't find much documentation for this new version of
Samba but if anyone knows how to fix this-it would be great. Thanks in
advance.

Best regards