[Samba] Re: Samba3 ADS without Microsoft?

Mike mike at hogrider.org
Fri Oct 10 19:55:26 GMT 2003

What I'm trying to accomplish is:

1. kinit user at realm for krbtgt
2. smbclient -k -L someserver

Server accepts tgt, extrapolates user info., and accepts authen.

This is an attempt at Microsoft server-free directory/kerberos implementation.  These steps work if using M$ server/ADS, so the smbclient understands it.

Server accepts kerb. ticket, extrapolates principal, performs ldap query on principal name for additional data, and accepts kerb. as valid authen.

Suggestions?