[Samba] Samba 3.0. Is nmblookup broken?....

Ralph Crongeyer rcrongeyer at rpicc.com
Fri Oct 10 19:03:49 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I installed Samba 3.0 a week or two ago and I'm finding out that some things
that used to work with 2.2.8a don't work in 3.0.

LinNeighborhood used to work with just a setting of "-" in the "Preferences"
-> "Scan Preferences" -> "Workgroup" box. Now, with 3.0 I must have a
"Primary master browser" set, (the name of the primary master browser).
I liked it better the other way because I don't always know the "Primary
master browser" name.

Also on the command line if I issue a " nmblookup -M - " in 2.2.8a I am able
to get the listing of master browsers. But the same command in 3.0 fails to
list the master browsers?

Is this a problem with Samba 3.0? Or is it that I need to change something in
my smb.conf file?

Anyone else having this problem?

Ralph