[Samba] RE: step 3 - samba-3 PDC & BDC fail-over with 2 LDAP - works !

Rauno Tuul rauno.tuul at haigekassa.ee
Fri Oct 10 11:59:27 GMT 2003

Thank You Andrew!

It works just fine!

I recommend to add something like this advice also to the samba-bdc.html
help and maybe also to samba-howto-collection.

in /etc/ldap.conf modified 1 line:
uri ldaps://alfa.sf.lan/ ldaps://ksii.sf.lan/

and in smb.conf is passdb like this:
passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldaps://alfa.sf.lan ldaps://ksii.sf.lan"

Hopefully I can migrate my corporate network (17 NT domains, 300 PCs/users)
to one and only samba-3 domain next weekend.

Best regards,

 - Rauno Tuul -