[Samba] samba time server

Julian Church jc at ljchurch.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 07:59:49 GMT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:18:12 -0400, <awesome-dave1 at juno.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I'm trying to set up a Linux, rh9, webserver with samba support, so that
> user's can make the pages on their windows boxes and drop them right on
> the server. I'm having one problem, when the user connects Dreamweaver,
> MX version, gives an error about can not determine the server time. I've
> added:
> time server = yes

I think you might be on the wrong track there.  IIRC, Dreamweaver checks
the server time by creating a temporary directory, then reading the time
back off that.  It's a roundabout way of doing things, but that means it
works without employing any extra protocols, whether you're connected by
SMB or FTP or whatever.

Is there anything that would prevent the creation of these temporary
directories?

regards

Julian Church
jc at ljchurch.co.uk