[Samba] SAMBA ACL:strange behaviour in showing permission in NT

hoailinh2003 at fptnet.com.vn hoailinh2003 at fptnet.com.vn
Fri Oct 10 03:14:31 GMT 2003

Hi,
I'm running RedHat 9,kernel 2.4.21 with acl,and a samba server,version
samba-3.0.0-2,running on it(I rebuilded samba with option --with-acl-support).
My Linux Samba box run as a domain member server(security=domain) with
winbindd,and one share with windows:
[TEST_SHARE]
   comment = test share in samba
   path = /mnt/disk-acl
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes
   readonly = no
   inherit  permissions = yes
   inherit acls = yes

Everything 's OK,but one:
    I have a user chinh.v with permission rx,in testfolder,when i change
permission(or add) in linux box,using command:
    %setfacl -m u:ARM+chinh.v:rwx testfolder
    %getfacl testfolder
# file: testfolder
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
user:ARM+chinh.v:rwx
group::r-x
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:user:ARM+chinh.v:r-x
default:group::---
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---
   it 's seem that setfacl only modify the entry user:"user:ARM+chinh.v:rwx",
not default user:"default:user:ARM+chinh.v:r-x".And maybe samba read acl for
the folder from 2 places:user and default user,so my nt security dialog cann't
show the permission for user chinh.v.
   and when i change perm for default user:
   %setfacl -m d:u:ARMADA+chinh.v:rwx testfolder
   %getfacl testfolder
user:ARMADA+chinh.v:rwx
default:user:ARMADA+chinh.v:rwx
.....snip..
   So,now because it 's the same in user and default user entry,my nt security
dialog can show the permission for user chinh.v.
  is there any suggests for my problem?
  Thanks.