[Samba] [Samba} Can't do roaming profiles (Solved)

aurfalien aurfalien at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 23:13:32 GMT 2003

Hi,

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come when upgrading to Samba 3.  Using 2.2.7, I simply omit;

logon path

where you have

logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U

Before I omitted the logon path flag, I also couldn't get roaming profiles to work.  The default is what ever is defined in /etc/passwd to be your home dir location.

Would you mind trying this with a clean 2K box and my omission to see if it works?  I don't like doing custom client configs due to complexities in large scale client rollouts.  Cloning is cool but isn't always applicable.

-aurf