[Samba] Samba-3.0.0, LPRng-3.8.21 and printer queues - Jerry?

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at kaman.com
Thu Oct 9 16:35:26 GMT 2003

Assar,

Here are my smb.conf entries for LPRng 3.8.21:

lpq command = /usr/local/bin/lpstat %p
print command = /usr/local/bin/lpr -U%m -P%p -J'%J' -r %s
lprm command = /usr/local/bin/lprm -P%p %j
lppause command = /usr/local/sbin/lpc hold %p %j
lpresume command = /usr/local/sbin/lpc release %p %j
queuepause command = /usr/local/sbin/lpc stop %p
queueresume command = /usr/local/sbin/lpc start %p

I looked at the lpr options (lpr --help) and "-b" isn't one that's
listed.  "-Fb" is the only instance where "b" is used.

Is the "<%s" intentional?

Run "checkpc -V -f" to have LPRng test/fix dir's and permissions.
Run "testparm" to have samba do the same.

Jim