[Samba] wbinfo -t fails with W2K3 ADS as PDC

Dave Augustus davea at support.kcm.org
Thu Oct 9 15:07:36 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I am attempting to set up Squid and have the authentication occur onto a
Windows 2003 ADS server (enterprise edition- if it matters), hostname
W2003. I have followed instructions listed at:

http://itmanagers.net/Documents/File/walkthroughs/~Linux@Squid/Squid+and+Samba+3+-+Walkthrough.html
and have spent numerous hours(+15) attempting this.

However, I can't seem to get past the authentication part from the box
(hostname: CALEB) that will run run squid.

Here are the details:

Samba 3.0.0 on RH9
Windows 2003 Enterprise Server

on console2, "wbinfo -t" spits out:

        checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
        error code was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL (0xc0000001)
        Could not check secret

on console1, I run " winbindd -S -i -F -d 8 -Y " which gives plenty of
output about its ability to communication with the ADS.

        signing_good: SMB signature check failed on seq 1!
        SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!
        failed kerberos session setup with NT_STATUS_OK
        anonymous connection attempt to W2003 from CALEB
        failed anonymous session setup with NT_STATUS_OK
        trusted_domains: Could not open a connection to BUGS.EXAMPLE.COM
        for PIPE_NETLOGON (NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL)

SMB signature check?

failed kerberos session setup with NT_STATUS_OK

Huh?

Thanks,
Dave Augustus