[Samba] Files corrupt

David J. Murphy dmurphy2 at tulane.edu
Thu Oct 9 15:11:33 GMT 2003

Hi, I'm running a Gateway dual PIII 600 MHz Red Hat Linux 7.3 kernel 2.4.18 i686 file server running netatalk 1.6.3 and samba 2.2.5-1.i386.  I have Macs running OS 9.1 and a Windows XP.  On the windows machines and my linux box, some files written in microsoft word for mac 98 show up corrupt, some don't.  But the same files on the macs show up fine.  Likewise, some files on the macs show up corrupt but show up fine on the windows machine.  I don't know what's going on.  Please help if you can.  Thanks

David Murphy