[Samba] Samba 3.0 on RedHat 8.0

Thorsten Schirmers thorsten.schirmers at secunet.com
Thu Oct 9 12:20:14 GMT 2003

>My first question is, how can i see, with which options the package was
>compiled.

Grab the SRPM for your Distro. Install the package and take a look in
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/samba3.spec. There you can see the default
building options.
Or have a look at this dokument ( last page )
ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/AbusingWin32.pdf

>We need ADS Integration, ACL and CUPS support.

with installed SRPM, go to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and untar
the samba package,
with ./samba-3.0.0/source/configure --help you will get all options
for compiling the samba package.

modify the samba3.spec with your options and rebuild the samba
package as you can see here
ftp://de.samba.org/samba.org/bin-pkgs/RedHat/

sorry, but for ads integration have a look in the doku

>What would be a good idea to back up, before an update?

imho, never play with your production environment without a
working and tested backup

--
Thorsten Schirmers