[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0 is WORKING

Jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 23:29:04 GMT 2003

> ! Ok, thanks a lot for this :-). I hate to admit it but sometimes
> ! the endless bug reports kind of get you down :-) :-) :-).
> !
> ! That was much appreciated :-).
> !
> ! Cheers,
> !
> ! Jeremy.

Jeremy,

Samba is the greatest.  We use it at work.

Our Linux User Group will be doing  a training session on Samba soon.  We
did a demo of Samba a few months back at an open source conference and
people were really impressed.  You should have seen the shock on their faces
when we logged off and they saw the user profiles being saved to the Samba
server.

Today I sent some Linux CD's to a company that wants to change out their
Windows 2000 servers to Samba.  They just can't justify using Windows
anymore.

You guys don't realize the impact that you are having world wide.  We are
all the way in Jamaica.

Keep up the good work.

By the way, tell Jerry that his LDAP book is quite good.  It has answered a
lot of questions.  In another month or so I am going to tackle NIS
replacement. :)

Peace.