[Samba] Samba + Cups + Filter Access

Thiago Lima thiagolima at webforce.com.br
Wed Oct 8 21:30:57 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 14:49, Thiago Lima wrote:
> 	Any tips? I can't believe that nobody ever had this problem.  :(

I never had a problem getting the CUPS Windows PS drivers working but
had an
entirely different problem in the use of them. What I experienced was
when a
user requested multiple copies, each copy was separately sent and
decoded
tying up the printer for ages. With the native Windows drivers the page
is
sent and decoded once and then printed many times. Unfortunately I had
give up page accounting over this issue.

Two things in the works that may help: Easy Software is working on a new
user
mode Windows PS driver and CUPS 1.2 is to have a bi-directional back-end

which may allow one to query a printer's counter even when using the
Windows
native drivers.

I've read something about it, but there's just one problem : they're not
ready. :) Not even a beta.

I guess I'll use the RAW printing and wait for then.

Thanks and regards
Thiago Lima.