[Samba] Samba + Cups + Filter Access

Chris Smith chris at realcomputerguy.com
Wed Oct 8 15:34:23 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 11:17, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> But alas, printing with IPP is fine. :-)

From Windows or just 'nix?

> Note that this still doesn't mean the problem is definitely in Samba
> (although see the WERR_ACCESS_DENIED error below).  It could be a
> problem with the cups-samba drivers themselves.  I'm using cups-1.1.18
> and cups-samba-1.1.18.

Looks like around line 8593 in your log a printer open fails. Maybe in your
case the CUPS permissions aren't allowing Samba to print.

Additionally you can use Adobe's postscript drivers to print to a CUPS PPD
setup PS printer (try it both ways again - via Samba and IPP). It wont
provide CUPS page accounting like the CUPS Windows driver but would be a good
troubleshooting step.

Chris