[Samba] Level2 oplocks help

Dunville, Barbara barbara_dunville at ameren.com
Wed Oct 8 15:23:50 GMT 2003

Hello...

We are running version 2.2.5

I have added the option  " level2 oplocks = true "   to just one of my
shares,
but when I run the testparm script, I get back "Invalid combination of
parameters for service xxxxxx. Level II oplocks can only be set if
oplocks are also set."

I get this for every other share in my smb.conf file, even though I only
added the level2 option to 1 share.
I have the option " oplocks=no"  set in all my shares EXCEPT the one I
added the level2 option to.

Is this normal?

Is this going to cause a problem when I re-start samba?

Thanks,
Barb Dunville
Ameren Services

*******************************
The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Note that any views or opinions presented in this
message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ameren.
All emails are subject to monitoring and archival. Finally, the recipient should check
this message and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Ameren accepts no liability
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have received this in
error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting the
material from any computer. Ameren Corporation