[Samba] Samba 3.0 on RedHat 8.0

"Müller, Thorsten" thorsten.mueller at materna.de
Wed Oct 8 13:03:19 GMT 2003

Hello,
i'm sorry if this is a question which was asked before.
We use samba 2.2 on a RedHat 8.0 box width Winbind to auth our Windows
users.
Now we want to install the RPM package provided on the samba website (for
i386 RH8.0).
My first question is, how can i see, with which options the package was
compiled.
We need ADS Integration, ACL and CUPS support.
Can i see, if all features we need are compiled in the package.
Which other packages (dependencies) are there?
Second question is: What happens with my winbind informations after an
update.
What would be a good idea to back up, before an update?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards

Thorsten Müller
Systems Engineer
SIT/DV
Business Unit Information

MATERNA GmbH - Information & Communications
Theodor-Heuss-Straße 59 * 61118 Bad Vilbel * Germany
phone:+49 6101 806 124 * fax: +49 6101 806 590
mobil: +49 175 2968579
E-Mail: thorsten.mueller at materna.de
http://www.materna.com * http://www.materna.de