[Samba] ldapsam_compat - join workstation to domain problem

Tirone Nel tironen at clubtech.co.za
Wed Oct 8 11:33:47 GMT 2003

Hi all!

Is there anybody using Samba 3 with the ldapsam_compat backend that is able
to add Windows 2000/XP workstations to their domain successfully that could
please share details of their setup with me (perhaps anybody who was
initially involved with testing it)?

Please can you give me all the relevant group mappings and relevant LDAP
entries (eg. uid=administrator, etc) you have used in order for this
function to work.  I'm positive that I've followed the smb-ldap-3-howto to
the letter and for some reason I am still receiving the "No mapping between
account names and security IDs was done" upon workstation join.  I have
checked logs on level 10 and really can't find the problem.  I must've
missed something indeed!

Regards
Tirone Nel
Systems Administrator