[Samba] Problems with some wbinfo tests

zottmann at ig.com.br zottmann at ig.com.br
Tue Oct 7 21:55:49 GMT 2003

Hi!

I have installed samba-2.2.8a in three Red Hat 7.3 machines, and, although
it is working fine, I get the follwing errors with some wbinfo tests:

wbinfo -a user%password

plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER (0xc000000d)
Could not authenticate user <user>%<password> with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication succeeded

wbinfo -r user
Could not get groups for user <user>

I am afraid that these errors may indicate that potential problems may
arise, sush as using Squid´s external acl helpers to get the windows groups
of our users.

My configuration options for Samba were the following:

/configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass \
--with-winbind --with-winbind-auth-challenge

What may be going wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos.