[Samba] Profile Path Change

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmx.net
Tue Oct 7 14:16:42 GMT 2003

Hi,

I run samba 2.2.7 (Redhat latest up2dated version) as a PDC here. My
users have home directories like:

/disk1/b/i/binand
/disk2/s/a/samba

and so on. I would also like to have a similar system for the profile
paths - currently all profiles are in /profiles - making directory
listings unbearably slow :-( I'd like my profile to be loaded from
/profiles/b/i/binand, for example.

There is no problem for the home directories, but how do I tell samba
to get the profile path from a program or something?

I was looking at %$(envvar) - can I use this somehow? I already have a
program that would give out a line like

bash$ get_smb_env -p binand
PROFILE=/profiles/b/i/binand

I somehow need to ask samba to eval this program's output and set profile
path as:

	logon path = \\%L\profiles\%$(PROFILE)

TIA,

Binand