[Samba] file sharing over Internet

corey mcguire coreyfro at ilneval.coreyfro.com
Tue Oct 7 07:53:18 GMT 2003

I don't know, but I don't think its a good idea... many times ISP's will
even block such traffic...

what I would do is tunnel over SSH... this would make it secure, give you
the chance to use compression, cut though a firewall, and still be sharp
enough to thinly slice a tomato...

you'll have to either set up a box that keeps the tunnel alive or kill the
server service on your box, because you'll be connecting to the shares on
127.0.0.1 if you make the tunnel on your box...

understand?...

I am too tired to try it now, and definetly not awake enough to explain
it...