SV: [Samba] sessionid.tdb not initialised

Daniel Alsen lists at mindbash.se
Mon Oct 6 23:06:56 GMT 2003

Francis Buxton probably said:

> what is sessionid.tdb and how do i initialize it?  is this even a
> problem?  i've seen many posts about this, but never a solution.

I don't think it is a problem. I just installed Samba 3.0 as well and get
the same message. But the message in full says:

"sessionid.tdb not initialised
/var/cache/samba/connections.tdb not initialised
This is normal if an SMB client has never connected to your server."

Seems pretty clear to me :)

However, i get the following message as well:

"Failed to open byte range locking database
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting"

That troubles me more. Is it a problem? Could it be related to my earlier
post about swat problems?

Regards
- Daniel