[Samba] I need to know What version of Samba and Linux work with Win2000

Philip Kennedy Philip.Kennedy at mitek.com.au
Mon Oct 6 02:52:00 GMT 2003

Hi

The information on Linux set up for Windows in the web site is dated 1996 and only deals with NT4 and Win95.

I have found a FILE NOT FOUND problem using RedHat 6.2 and samba 2.0.6 (PS Linux 2.0.35 worked with Win2000 !

I have seen comments that Win2000sp2 uses RPC's which are not in Samba 2.2.0.
I have seen that others have reported such a problem in Samba 2.2.2.

What Samba version ?
   and What Linux version ?
   and What setup data ?
      are needed for a fully functional LAN set up with Win2000 sp4 ?

Philip