[Samba] Samba 3.0 issues with mapped drives properties

Mark lists at greplinux.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 5 16:54:09 GMT 2003

Mark írta:
| Seem my comments inline:
|
| There are 4 possible issues, your problem could reside in one, or all
| of
|
| them:
|
| 1. You are using Mandrake 9.1 (so am I), and the kernel shipped with
| it lacks acl support :-( If you have acl installed: urpmi acl, you
| could give it a try: getfacl somefile
| setfacl -m u:someuser:somerights somefile
|
| *Acls are installed and confirmed working as tested by your
| instructions and my previous testing.
|
| 2. You aren't using an acl enabled filesystem:
| XFS supports them out of the box, for ext2/ext3, you have to specify
| acl
|
| in your /etc/fstab, and remount it.
|
| *Already done
| The problem is that I cannot get to setting permissions. As I stated I

| in my last post, I get as far as clicking in the windows mapped drive
| security tab and it asks for a logon name and password which I enter
| and then it bombs out with the error message "the credentials supplied

| conflict with an existing set of credentials."
|
| Another thing: from your logs it seem to be advisable, to try to map
| your groups: net3 groupmap as root
|
| *I have done this also, there is a typo in the samba-howto which did
| not help matters much..
|
| Section 12.2 Discussion:
| 3) Map this domadm group to the "Domains Admins" group by running the
| command:
| root# net groupmap add ntgroup=Domain Admins UNIXgroup=domadm The
| quotes around "Domain Admins" are necessary due the space in the group

| name
|
| Well the example given did not include the quotes around "Domain
| Admins". After a couple of  minutes I figured this one out. Maybe
| something for the Samba team to correct.
|

| At this point I cannot leave the PDC down any longer, I have users who

| need access to it and I am forced to downgrade yet again to 2.2.8. I
| was really hoping that 3.0 would be much smoother then this...
|
| The log entries still show the same messages.
| [2003/10/05 07:59:26, 1] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(698)
|   win2000 (192.168.0.200) connect to service test initially as user
| markw (uid=501, gid=501) (pid 6917) [2003/10/05 07:59:27, 1]
| smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(698)
|   win2000 (192.168.0.200) connect to service test initially as user
| markw (uid=501, gid=501) (pid 6917) [2003/10/05 07:59:30, 1]
| smbd/fake_file.c:open_fake_file_shared1(45)
|   access_denied to service[rootdir]
| file[$Extend/$Quota:$Q:$INDEX_ALLOCATION] user[markw] [2003/10/05
| 07:59:32, 0]
| rpc_server/srv_util.c:get_domain_user_groups(371)
|   get_domain_user_groups: primary gid of user [root] is not a Domain
| group !
|   get_domain_user_groups: You should fix it, NT doesn't like that
| [2003/10/05 07:59:37, 1] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(880)
|   win2000 (192.168.0.200) closed connection to service test
| [2003/10/05 08:02:45, 1] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(880)
> [...]
If you are positive with the third issue too, then unfortunately or I am
not understanding exactly your problem, or you would need to switch to
loglevel 10 and expect sombody more skilled then me, maybe a developer
would reed them. Also consider sending a bug report to bugzilla, if you
consider this is a bug and not missconfiguration.

Best Regards

Geza Gemes

Thanks for your help Geza. I have already downgraded to Samba 2.2.8 and
at this point I do not wish to go through all the hassles of installing
3.0. Using the exact same paramters I can access the windows security
tab>>add with any issues, so I know the issue truly lies with 3.0 and my
configuration. I am not saying by any stretch that the issue is all with
samba 3.0, as I am probably missing something in the setup somewhere.

As for sending a bug report...well if I would need to document every
single step in detail in order for it be investigated thoroughly. I work
full time as a tech support person for a company that sells software and
hardware which runs on Windows and Linux so I understand the need for
proper doucmentation. Right now, I am out of time and more then a bit
frustrated and do not relish the thought of going through the samba
remove/install process again.

I guess I will have re-read the samba 3.0 how-to at a later date. The
how-to is a great and expansive resource and I as I stated earlier I
probably missed something.

Unfortunately for now I will have stick with samba 2.2.8. I was hoping
that 3.0 would have been what it should have been...

Regards,
Mark
Samba Setup Guide: www.samba.netfirms.com
My gpg public key: www.samba.netfirms.com/gnupg/gpg_public.asc