[Samba] NT4-Samba Migration Test Results

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Oct 4 15:53:52 GMT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Larry Liu wrote:

Larry,

I have found that the easiest way to migrate from NT4 to SAmba3 is to:

1. Use tdbsam as a medium for migration.
2. Before migrating accounts:
	i. Make sure that you configure your smb.conf carefully
	ii. Include all the "user/group/machine scripts"
	iii. Do NOT run smbd before vampire is run.
3. Set up the smb.conf for a Samba-BDC
4. Join the domain before running vampire
5. Then finally run vampire.

IF you want to use an LDAP or smbpasswd backend, use pdbedit to migrate
the database.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra