[Samba] log on to domain error after joining

jon at dullesmicro.com jon at dullesmicro.com
Fri Oct 3 18:31:57 GMT 2003

I am having trouble joining a w2k box to a samba machine (latest
release).  I am able to put in the root username/passwd when joining.
Then I get the "welcome to the funk.com domain" message...you must
restart....

However, after restart, I try logging into the domain but get this error
message "this computer's account is not in the primary domain server..."

I have added the computer into the computer passwd file and the samba
passwd file.
I have added root  into samba's passwd file.

Thanks in advace

Here is the conf file:

[global]
        domain logons = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        guest account = smbguest
        log level = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba.log
        logon drive = p:
        logon home = \\example-server\%U
        netbios name = example-server
        os level = 99
        preferred master = yes
        security = user
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
        wins support = yes
        workgroup = example-wrkgrp

[homes]
        read only = no