[Samba] Samba 3 reports 'directory does not exist' when trying creating an already existing directory

Arnold Hendriks a.hendriks at b-lex.nl
Fri Oct 3 17:13:45 GMT 2003

> This would be a bug in the error code we are returning. I'll try
> to reproduce it. Can you open an issue in https://bugzilla.samba.org/
> so it doesn't get lost. Thanks.
I have reported it as bug #559.  If you need any more help or info, let me
know. It seems that even when commenting out the offending options,
wincvs still complains, although mkdir returns the proper error codes.

I had to downgrade to a 2.2.x version to get stuff working again (there
were also some problems overwriting existing files on a network share,
haven't looked into that yet), but I can do a bit more testing in the weekend
if you have any pointer where to look for these issues.