[Samba] Create machine account samba 3 - can I delete machine in /etc/passwd ( I use ldap backend ) ?

jean-marc pouchoulon jean-marc.pouchoulon at ac-montpellier.fr
Fri Oct 3 16:25:36 GMT 2003

Hi,
	The idea is to avoid to have machines accounts in /etc/passwd
and store all on the ldap.

	I must have a machine account in /etc/passwd ( normal way ) to
create the account with pdbedit -a -m machine_account.
	In fact once it is created , I can delete the account in the
localmachine and machine can connect without any problems. ( the account
stay only in the ldap ). I 've done it.

	What kind of probleme can I have if I delete account machines in
the /etc/passwd ?
	There is no attribute of posix account object store in the ldap
for the machine . Must I create them ?

Jean-Marc