[Samba] Strong Password Enforcement (Windows-side)

Liz Muth lizm at atlantekinc.com
Fri Oct 3 13:52:50 GMT 2003

I currently use unix passwd sync = yes to accomplish this in 2.2.8.  The
option still appears to be available in 3.0.0.  You can specify a custom
script with passwd program and passwd chat in smb.conf which will check
the password's strength.  This program must return successful before
samba will change the samba password, effectively checking password
strength.